BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
You have the power to change anything you want to change

About Me

My Photo
Onyxx Sky
I'm a Witch. That's all you need to know.
View my complete profile

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Harvest Moon 2011

For me, the moon has always been full of beauty and mystery. Cloaked in satiny silver, She is the lovely glowing Goddess, patiently watching over us as she effortlessly glides through the passing night clouds.

I am excited that Tuesday (September 12th, 2011) we will be experiencing this year's HARVEST MOON. Why is this full moon particularly exciting, you ask? Because it is the fullest moon of the year. Being the fullest, it gives the most light of any full moons of the entire year. It used to be that farmers would take advantage of the additional light and work through the night to complete the harvest - which is why we call it the Harvest Moon today! 


If you are as excited as I am about this beautiful event and happen to be a Witch who would like to celebrate this occassion as an esbat, I've provided a link below for a short and easy solitary ritual.There may be some adjustments to it you'd like to make - again, I'm just providing it for an easy outline to follow - add or omit where you feel necessary. I hope you enjoy it and have a chance to dance naked under the moonlight! BLESSED BE!


http://newpaganblog.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/full-moon-ritual/

*Although I usually write my own rituals, I find this one to be a good outline and easily changeable to suit anyone's needs. I hope you enjoy it.

0 comments: